Best Boiler For a 3 Bedroom House in the UK
What is the best boiler for a 3 Bedroom House?
The key factor when trying to find a boiler for your home is the kW (kilowatt) output also known as boiler sizing, this is the power of your boiler controlling how much heating and hot water you can have.
Choosing the perfect boiler shouldn’t be hard, so at Compare Boiler Quotes we’ve made it easy, you can simply click get a quote and you will be given the perfect boilers for your home by answering a few simple questions without providing any personal details at all.
What size boiler for a 3 bed house?
The bigger the home with more radiators and bathrooms the more output (KW) you will need, the smaller the home with less bathrooms and radiators the less output (KW) you will need.
The boilers that are the best for a 3 bedroom home:
Boiler output & power rating guide for varying property sizes:
- A 29KW – 35KW is typically the average size combi boiler you would need for a 3 bedroom house with 1 bathroom and 1 ensuite.
- 25KW – 28KW: Boiler for a 2 bedroom homes, apartment/ flat output with around 8 radiators and 1 bathroom
- 36KW – 43KW: A boiler for a large property with anything above 20 radiators and 3 or more bathrooms
Combi boilers for 3 bed homes
A Combi boiler also known as a combination boiler with its double action of doing the central heating and hot water demands could be a good option with it been a small and compact.
Combi’s are space-saving, cost-effective, energy-efficient, easily fitted boiler that requires no hot water cylinder or cold water tank in the loft but offers this capacity of output.
Look into what the best combi boiler is as well as its brand to see if these types of boilers are a good fit for your household.
The main things to think about when choosing a boiler is as follows:
Price, Installation Costs, Warranty, Size Dimensions, KW Options, Wall Mounting, Efficiency Rating and Flow Rate.
The cost of a new boiler is often what we make our final decision on but the cheaper one is not always the boiler that should win.
Top boilers for 3-bed homes
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 combi
– Designed to provide heating and hot water with 30kW is a great choice for a 3 bedroom home. It is a simple boiler to control and has been awarded Best Buy by Which?
The Worcester 4000 replaces, or upgrades from the ever popular Greenstar 30i that is now discontinued.
Ideal Vogue C32
– As you can see from the name this boiler has a higher output 32Kw, because of this and the high class components used this boiler has been branded Reader Recommended by Good Housekeeping Magazine. This boiler offers full colour display and multi-function buttons.
Ideal Logic C30
– As you can see from the name this boiler has the same output as the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000.
This boiler you can extend the warranty from 2 year warranty to a 10years warranty for peace of mind (remember it’s more what you are covered for rather than the longevity).
This boiler will easily fit in a kitchen cupboard and will help lower energy bills and energy wastage.
If you feel a combi boiler is not for you then you may want to look at a system boiler or a heat only boiler.
System boilers for 3 bedroom homes
A system boiler produces hot water from a storage tank meaning you can have more hot water on demand than you can with a combi boiler and it directly produces heat for your central heating system.
A system boiler works the same way as a conventional boiler also known as a regular boiler.
A heat only boiler which is usually found in a larger property but could be used in your traditional 3 bedroom property provides heat which is used as central heating and stores hot water in a cylinder, very similar to a regular boiler system.
Best for 3-bedroom home boilers: Overview
Now we have provided you with some useful information and given you a few different options of the best boiler brands for your 3 bedroom home have a think which you feel would suit you the best.
If you have any more queries or questions on which boiler would be best suited for you please fill in our contact form and somebody will contact you as soon as possible to help and advice you with the best boiler for your 3 bedroom home.