Viessmann Vitocell Unvented Hot Water Cylinders
Viessmann Vitocell Hot Water Storage cylinder for Unvented Systems
Vitocell 200 unvented hot-water storage cylinders are indirect heated cylinders that can be used with Vitodens boilers or UK standard boilers. Innovative technology produces remarkable heat loss levels and outstanding performance.
The Viessmann story started in 1937, when Johann Viessmann, a German citizen, set up a factory. Hans Viessmann took over the company a decade later and made it an international enterprise.
The company manufactures a variety of oil, gas, and biomass boilers, as well as a heat pump, solar PV, and solar thermal.
Maximilian Viessmann joined Maximilian Viessmann in 2016 to help the company maintain its family values despite its current status as a global leader in commercial and domestic heating solutions. Viessmann’s future is digital. He plans to focus on renewable heating, and reduce our environmental impact.
Why choose the Viessmann Vitocell Unvented Cylinder
Viessmann’s Vitocell range offers domestic hot water cylinders that are a perfect match to any heat source but go particularly well with most of the best system boilers in the UK.
Viessmann Vitodens Systems Boilers Up to 35kW, when combined with a Vitocell 200 unvented Cylinder are the ideal combination to comply with G3 building regulations. These are integrated into the boile
Vitocell cylinders made of high-quality Duplex stainless steel are resistant to corrosion. They are also insulated with 50mm polyurethane foam and an additional vacuum panel. This results in a durable and highly efficient cylinder that can withstand heat up to 1.4kWh per hour and has a 25-year warranty.
The Vitocell 200V can be used with an oil or gas boiler, while the 200B can also be used solar. The Vitocell 300B is heated primarily by a solar thermal system, but can also be boosted with a gas or oil boiler via a secondary coil at its top. To give you assurance that your boiler will not fail, each cylinder comes with a 3kW backup immersion heating heater.
These cylinders were designed to work alongside a Viessmann Vitodens System Boiler. However, they can also be used with regular boilers and other brands such as Vaillant, who also do their own unvented uniSTOR hot water cylinders.
Viessmann Vitocell 300-V
Viessmann was the first to introduce domestic hot water cylinders in the UK with an A+ rating. The Vitocell 300V floorstanding DHW cylinder is available in 160 and 200 litre capacities. This model replaces Viessmann’s A-rated versions. It is suitable for homes with boilers up to 80kW.
The Vitodens system boiler controls the cylinder via the optional tank sensor and built-in diverter valve. It also comes with all hot and cold water controls, as well as a two-port valve to provide domestic hot water. Single coil cylinders come in seven sizes, ranging from 90 litres up to 300 litres.
The cylinders are made from high-quality Duplex stainless steel, which is resistant to all forms of corrosion. They are light and easy to use and have at least 50mm of polyurethane foam insulation. This ensures that the cylinders have a remarkablely low heat loss and performs better than any CHESS requirements.
All cylinders come with an additional 3 kW electric immersion heating heater. The operating thermostat and energy cut-out can be used with non-Viessmann boilers* or traditional S’ or ‘Y’ plan systems. It is easy to access from the front and can be used in un-vented installations.
Main Viessmann Vitocell unvented Cylinder Features
- CFC/HCFC-free fire-retardant polyurethane foam
- Insulation exceeds CHESS Best Practice
- In less than 19 minutes, high recovery heating coil
- Each cylinder has a separate sensor pocket to connect to a Viessmann 4 pipe system
- At 3.0 Bar, you can achieve high flow rates
- A stand-alone cylinder that complies with the G3 Building Regulations
- Immersion heaters up to 3 kW
- Capacity up to 300 litres
- External expansion vessel (supplied).
- Dimensions: 600 mm widest point
- Compression fittings with simple front connections
- No anode needed – simple maintenance
- For easy transport, handling, and installation, the lightweight design is ideal.
- 25-year warranty against corrosion
Viessmann Cylinder Warranty:
- Vitocell 200B and 200V are covered by a 25-year manufacturer’s guarantee against vessel perforation in stainless steel.
- 10-year comprehensive Viessmann warranty on Vitocell 300B and 300-V
- All other parts are covered by a standard 2-year warranty, e.g. thermal controls, valves, electrical components etc.
Have a look at the competition from brands that are dedicated to just manufacturing hot water cylinders like the well-known brand Gledhill. Gledhill cylinders have been manufactured in the UK for decades and they know a thing or two about innovation.