Different Ways To Save On Your Heating Bills.
Making sure your home is energy efficient can make a big difference to the price of your heating bill.
Being efficient with your energy doesn’t always mean investing a lot of time or money to make sure your home is wasting less energy.
How to save money on heating bills
We have tips here that will help you save money on your heating bill. By making a few changes to your home and how you live you can save hundreds a year.
- Insulate your home – You can buy insulation and put it in your loft or walls to stop heat escaping through the roof.
- Upgrade to a new energy efficient boiler. Upgrading to a new boiler will be beneficial, especially if your boiler is over 10 years old, as it will not be as energy efficient.
- Get an energy monitor. Getting a monitor will allow you to keep an eye on the energy you’re using and how much you’re spending.
- Keep internal doors open. This will allow the heat to move freely through your home. And will make other rooms warm as the heat circulates your house.
- Turn down your radiators. When you feel that your room is at the perfect temperature, then you can turn your radiators down so that there is no more energy being wasted. As this will boost your spending on bills.
- Upgrade to triple glazing windows. The heat will find it harder to escape your home through triple glazed windows. The heat will be trapped inside your house.
- Keep draughts out – Try to seal up any cracks in your house. Or close doors which you believe to be letting a draught through.
- Use your thermostat efficiently – Put on a jumper before turning the heating up, reducing temperatures by as little as 1 degree can make a massive saving to your bills. The thermostat allows you to set your heating and hot water to turn on as and when it is needed and to set each room to a different comfortable cost effective temperature.
- Replacing light bulbs – LED energy saving light bulbs massively cut costs compared to a traditional style light bulb. Always remember to turn lights off when you leave the room and always choose the best bulb for the size of the room.
- See if you are able to claim free pennies in different ways – Have a read through a home grant guide and see if you are eligible for money off your electric bill, money towards insulations or towards different types of energy sources for example: solar panels or heat pumps.
Here at Compare Boiler Quotes, we get you 3 quick and free boiler quotes from both small and large boiler companies that provide A rated energy efficient boilers from leading manufacturers including Viessmann and Worcester Bosch. We provide you with quotes for new and reliable boilers all available on flexible finance options making us the best place to go for great boiler on finance deals.