Boiler Installation & Repair Companies Procedures During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Lockdown
We understand that boilers still need to be installed in the event of boiler breakdowns only during this Coronavirus lockdown period, so here is some informations regarding what is going to happen with our recommended installers, services & repairs.
Boiler installations & repair demand has dropped dramatically since COVID-19 has struck the UK. This means that installers and company do have a little more time on their hands to ensure correct procedures are followed to prevent the spread of the virus.
This means that they are under strict instructions to keep clean, keep their equipment clean and ensure they wear masks and PPE when required. They will only be able to complete work in an emergency.
Booking a gas engineer during the outbreak & lockdowns
A lot of installers will be on hand ready for any emergencies due to the drop in work at this time. Many will be self isolating as required the Government too so please take this in to consideration but always support them when they are back in the game.
Most of our companies will be able to cope with the demand of installing boilers and emergency repairs. So if you do really need a new boiler, please use our recommended installers in confidence.
Buying a new boiler during Coronavirus lockdowns
All the companies we use will still be offering their excellent offers including new boilers with £0 deposit, spread over a term that is good for you. They are also offering buy now pay later, including pay nothing for 12 months in this time of uncertainty.
To get a fixed price on your new boiler click here including boiler finance options
Read below for more details in the steps boilers installers will be taking during COVID-19 lockdown.
Below is some more information on what steps we take to ensure that risk is the lowest possible. If you do have any concerns or queries please contact us.
Essential works & strict Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines for both office staff and our boiler installers
It is essential that you tell any gas engineers prior to a visit if anyone in your property has the symptoms of Coronavirus, or are self isolating due to potentially have the infection as showing signs of having a continuous cough or a high temperature or fever.
Gas engineers have the absolute right to look after their health and safety first and will let you know prior to any visit if it is possible or not for them to attend your property for any essential work.
If you are preventatively self-isolating due to underlying health conditions or age then you should confirm with us if you are happy for a gas engineer to attend.
Installers will wear PPE (minimum of gloves and over shoes) to minimise risk to the customer / others in the property.
Rigorous hand hygiene will be undertaken and a reasonable distance should be kept to ensure the safety of everyone.
What should I do if I have a Broken Boiler during Coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown?
A broken boiler is classed as an emergency.
To be deemed an emergency your boiler has to not be able to produce any hot water to either your taps, showers or radiators.
It is possible that you may not be getting hot water to your radiators, therefore your central heating is broke and deemed an emergency.
It may be a case of that you are not getting hot water to your taps or other outlets. This is deemed an emergency.
All that is asked from gas engineers is that this is taken very seriously and it is in fact an emergency and you are without hot water.
Things that are not essential and will not be deemed an emergency:
- Boiler services – this can wait and although required to maintain warranty, this will be taken into consideration and can be done at a later date.
- Low water pressure – This can be easily changed using online videos or maybe over the phone with advice.
- Boiler Kettling – Clunking and clanging coming from your old boiler is not an emergency as long as your boiler is producing hot water.
- Dripping Radiators – Small leaks from your radiators are not an emergency. If it is flooding your home then you will be able to call a plumber.
- Radiator hot at the bottom, cold at the top – This is not an emergency, this can be solved by bleeding your radiators which you can do yourself with a radiator key.
COVID-19 Guidelines for our office based staff:
Guidelines that should be put in place by boiler installation companies:
• Any vans to be clean and disinfected inside and out.
• Tools and equipment to be cleaned with disinfectant spray.
• Work stations to be clean and wiped down regulary.
• Gloves to be provided and available to staff at all times.
• To politely ask customers to leave you alone in a room whilst working and that it will be cleaned down after use.
If you have any questions please contact uswith your query.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we deal with the situation.