Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri Boiler
The Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri Boilers are a market-leading range of energy-saving condensing gas-fired boilers.
Not only is the Greenstar Ri the choice for many homes all over the country, it’s also the preferred choice of the heating industry too. They boast an unbeatable reputation for providing quality boilers and for a few years running have gained a place in Which’s ‘Best Buy’.
When should you look at replacing your boiler?
It goes without saying that you will need to replace your boiler if it stops working and can’t be repaired.
The average boiler may not be working as efficiently as it should if it’s ten years older or more.
A yearly service is recommended to increase the lifespan, but an older boiler will end up being counter productive and costly as it works harder to heat up – resulting in larger energy bills.
Why choose a Greenstar Ri?
It’s all about energy saving these days and the Greenstar Ri is an ErP ‘A’ rated boiler and can be used with Greenskies solar panels for further energy and cost savings.
They are rated more than 90% for their energy efficiency and they perform at their optimum in well-insulated new homes.
The Greenstar RI is a good choice for those looking to replace regular, heat-only boilers that have been in place for many years. Installation can be carried out using your existing radiators, pipework and tank, where the system can be quickly flushed out. This makes it straightforward to carry out a direct replacement for your old boiler, which can be installed in just three to four hours.
What is the Greenstar Ri range suitable for?
It is suitable for one to five bedroom homes and is an energy-saving heat only condensing boiler that is suitable for homes with a traditional heating and hot water system.
The range is available in four heating outputs and one of their main features is their NOx Class 5 rating for the lowest carbon emissions and of course ErP A rating. The Greenstar Ri Regular boilers are used with a heating system that includes stored hot water in a cylinder.
They are also some of the most compact boilers available on the market. Their size makes them ideal for fitting inside a standard kitchen wall cupboard which makes it far easier for homeowners to store their boiler in their existing kitchen, without having to worry about mismatching kitchen units.
It’s also desirable to have a place to house the boiler, rather than it being on display on the wall – saving people the trouble of boxing theirs in to be more in keeping with their decor.
One major advantage of this compact boiler is that it does not require any extra ventilation, so you won’t have to worry about fitting air grilles to the door or top and bottom of your cupboard.
Each boiler is designed to last by being made from cast iron and aluminium and they all come with an extended warranty as standard.
Key features of the Greenstar Ri
- They include a simple boiler control knob, a neon operational status indicator and frost protection technology –
- There are four models in the range – starting from 12kW moving up to the more powerful 24kW.
- The compact design means that it can be fit into a cupboard and wall hung, weighs 22.6 kgs and features reversible flow and return pipes. For ease of installation, they are also equipped with multi-directional fluing above or below it.
- Can be used with Greenskies solar panels for further energy and cost savings.
- They are heat-only boilers and that means they send hot water to the radiators and store it in a hot water tank for use by the taps.
- Comes with wall mounting plate providing rear piping as standard
- High efficiency and greater reliability with an innovative WB7 heat exchanger
- Plug & play optional Worcester controls available
- The choice ranges from a simple-to-operate digital programmer to sophisticated wireless programmers, room thermostats and wired intelligent controls.
- Available with a 5 year warranty as standard, that can be extended to 10 years when installed by a Worcester Accredited installer.
Getting a new boiler is certainly an investment that shouldn’t be taken lightly.