Glow-worm Energy Combi Boilers – 25kW, 30kW & 35kW
This Gas condensing combi boiler by Glow-worm has A rating for the efficiency of 89.2% and is Quiet Mark approved.
This rating instantly tells you it is an efficient boiler that should lower fuel bills and be environmentally friendly.
The boiler comes in three different output flow rates to suit different-sized homes with a demand for hot water, 25 kW, 30 kW, or 35 kW.
Is this Boiler Suitable to my Home:
These combination gas boilers are well-rated boilers that can be wall-mounted or fit in a standard kitchen cupboard.
- The 25 kW would be suited to flats, apartments, or homes with one bathroom.
- The 30 kW would be suited to homes with four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- The 35 kW would be suited to a five-bedroom large home with multiple bathrooms, with a flow rate of 12.5 litres per minute.
A combination boiler is excellent for homes that don’t have a lot of extra spare space. Unlike a system boiler, everything has been incorporated within the one part. A system boiler requires a hot water cylinder and a cold water tank. A combi boiler takes the water from the mains on demand.
Cost of this Boiler:
The price will vary depending on which size output flow rate your Gas Safe engineer recommends you need to run your home effectively and comfortably.
The price will star around £750 to £1000. Always check if the price includes VAT, and remember the installation fees will not be included.
Installation fees can vary and start around £500-£1000.
If you would prefer a boiler to include installation fees, go to boilercentral.com
Is this a High-Efficiency Boiler:
With the ErP rating, this instantly answers your question, Yes.
If you would like to replace an old boiler to a more efficient modern boiler, this Glow-worm energy boiler could be an option.
When you change from an inefficient boiler, you will notice a reduction in your energy bill, and you’ll be more environmentally friendly by reducing carbon emissions.
You can also connect your boiler to controls, which will enhance your boiler to the maximum efficiency.
This boiler is designed to be modern and includes a bright, easy to use interface.
Glow-worm’s Energy Combi boiler comes with a rear flue, which will help with your desired location for the unit. The boiler is simple to fit for the heating engineer and comes with user-friendly controls for you to alter the heating and hot water temperature.
A Grundfos modulating pump has been built within the unit to reduce energy and meet the demand for output.
The boiler also includes on, off, and reset buttons, a system pressure gauge which you can alter if the pressure drops. It includes a high-grade aluminium heat exchanger, which will help the performance and make sure your boiler lives for an extended period.
As said before, the boiler can connect with other enhances, The MiGo app is top-rated, you can control your heating and hot water off your smartphone or tablet, and it memorises your needs.
Warranty on this Boiler?
Glow-worm’s Energy Combi boiler comes with a seven-year warranty as standard for parts and labour. This warranty is lengthy, which can also be extended to fifteen years if a Club Energy installer fits your boiler.
Always remember to follow the guidelines on the Glow-worm website to keep your warranty valid.
Warranty is excellent for peace of mind if any issues occur.
Advantages & Disadvantages:
Glow-worm is up there with all the other well-known boiler brands on the market, such as Worcester Bosch, Valliant, Baxi, and Potterton.
Below you can read the advantages and disadvantages of the Glow-worm Energy combi boilers:
- Fits in a wall-mounted, standard kitchen cupboard
- Suited to homes with one bedroom or large five-bedroom apartments.
- It does not need a separate cylinder or loft tanks to run, which will save space.
- Simple to install service and is user-friendly.
- Approved by Quiet Mark.
- The Grundfos pump used to lower energy use, which will then lower fuel bills.
- An aluminium heat exchanger is used to enhance the performance and extend the life of the boiler.
- The high- efficiency will lower fuel bills and make you environmentally friendly.
- Fits with various controls to reach the maximum boiler’s efficiency.
- Fits with the MiGo app-based control allow you to control your boiler wherever you are off your smartphone or tablet.
- This boiler has a seven-year warranty for parts and labour and is able extended to fifteen years.
- Which? Give Glow-worm boilers a score of 54% overall.